Proposed Capital Projects
The City has two types of budget expenses: operating and capital. Our operating budget covers spending related to Port Moody’s day-to-day operations. The City’s capital budget funds larger, longer-term projects, mostly related to maintaining, upgrading, and replacing the City’s infrastructure and facilities.
Here are some of the capital projects proposed in the 2022-2026 Draft Financial Plan:
- Shoreline Trail inlet boardwalk and pedestrian bridge reconstruction
- Trasolini Field synthetic turf replacement
- Glenayre/Seaview/College Park water system rehabilitation
- Local Road Network (LRN) road reconstruction program
- Ioco Road corridor reconstruction (water system)
- Noons Creek bike trail bridge infrastructure
- development application process improvements
- Major Road Network (MRN) road rehabilitation program
- Public Works Yard roof replacement
- maintenance dredging of the inlet at Rocky Point Pier
The projects listed above represent nearly 50 per cent (or $8.4 million) of the proposed capital budget. You can read the full list of proposed capital projects in the Draft Financial Plan.
Consultation has concluded.