Proposed Capital Projects
The City has two types of budget expenses: operating and capital. Our operating budget covers spending related to Port Moody’s day-to-day operations. The City’s capital budget funds larger, longer-term projects, mostly related to maintaining, upgrading, and replacing the City’s infrastructure and facilities.
Here are some of the capital projects proposed in the 2022-2026 Draft Financial Plan:
- Shoreline Trail inlet boardwalk and pedestrian bridge reconstruction
- Trasolini Field synthetic turf replacement
- Glenayre/Seaview/College Park water system rehabilitation
- Local Road Network (LRN) road reconstruction program
- Ioco Road corridor reconstruction (water system)
- Noons Creek bike trail bridge infrastructure
- development application process improvements
- Major Road Network (MRN) road rehabilitation program
- Public Works Yard roof replacement
- maintenance dredging of the inlet at Rocky Point Pier
The projects listed above represent nearly 50 per cent (or $8.4 million) of the proposed capital budget. You can read the full list of proposed capital projects in the Draft Financial Plan.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Consultation has concluded.